FOUR-ROW DISC HARROWS BDM
Advanced BDM 4-Row Disk Harrows, 2.4 to 9.2 m Wide
BDM is an advanced 4-row disk harrow. The bearing assemblies are installed inside the disk sphere; each disk is attached to a separate tine; the angle of attack is simultaneously adjustable for all disks in a row. It is designed to till the top soil layer up to 17 cm deep, to destroy weed and to chop up crop residues. The disk harrow efficiently operates on soils exposed to wind or water erosion since it uniformly mixes the soil with crop residues. Crop residues uniformly mixed with the top soil layer prevent the soil from being blown or washed away and improve air exchange. Crop residues in the soil are intensively turned into mold improving soil fertility.
The 4-row disc harrow can be used in a wide range of Russian agro-climatic zones and can handle all kinds of soil excluding stony ones. The harrow is an efficient tool for fallow land reuse, preseeding and primary treatment for the min-till approach, renovation of degrading grasslands and grazing areas.
BDM 4-Row Harrow Features Compared to 2-Row Harrows:
• 4-row harrows have a relatively large disk-to-disk distance in a row. The disk-to-disk distance in a row is 460 mm, while the row-to-row distance is 675 mm. Therefore, the soil lifted by a row of disks easily passes between the next row disks. So a 4-row harrow can operate in very weed-choked fields and at greater depths.
• The longer frame better absorbs the unevenness of the ground. 4-row harrows are also perfect land planning tools. They easily remove back ridges, backfurrows, deep wheeltracks, moles, etc. A 4-row harrow is your best choice for fallow land reuse.
• All disk tools face a problem: each row of disks tries to pull the harrow in the direction of the disk rotation. The tool turns about the tractor hitch. Since the rows of disks are located at different distances from the hitch, each row applies different loads to the tool. This results in an irregular disk pattern. The rear disks hit the furrows made by the front disks, which leads to poor performance. Each disk tool has its own way of resolving the problem. BRAND NEW! BDT- AGRO launches a new line of 4-row harrows with a new patented disk arrangement. 4-row harrows are perfectly balanced: no imbalance! Neither 2- nor 3-row harrows can be so stable.
Key Advantages of 4-Row Harrows:
1. Originally, 4-row harrows with separate holders for each vertically tilted disk had a disk-to-disk distance of 400 mm within a row. Then this distance was simply divided by the number of rows. So the offset for each holder with respect to the frame came up to just 100 mm. It should be noted that each disk is vertically tilted and its lowermost point almost never matches the holder pivot axis. This resulted in an irregular disk pattern. Many harrow manufacturers still use such an arrangement. Based on the studies performed, BDT-AGRO has developed and tested a new, improved disk layout. The 4-row harrow disk-to-disk distance is 460 mm. For this reason, lower tractor power is required, and up to 12 % of fuel is saved compared to the same-width tools from other manufacturers, while preserving the soil processing quality.
2. All disk tools face a problem: each row of disks tries to pull the harrow in the direction of the disk rotation. The tool turns about the tractor hitch. Since the rows of disks are located at different distances from the hitch, each row applies different loads to the tool. This results in an irregular disk pattern. The rear disks hit the furrows made by the front disks, which leads to poor performance. Each disk tool has its own way of resolving the problem. BRAND NEW! BDT-AGRO launches a new line of 4-row harrows with a new patented disk arrangement. 4-row harrows are perfectly balanced: no imbalance!
3. The tools from BDT- AGRO have disk holders with a grease channel and groove. Lubrication is required just once a season. That is why the harrows have only one grease fitting. In an emergency, you can unscrew the holder mounting bolt, put some grease inside and push it all the way down to the joint while screwing in the bolt. The design significantly improves the joint performance and makes it easier to remove the holder.
4. All the trailed, foldable and mounting tools have a depth adjuster (press wheel) as a standard feature. The wheels installed behind the chassis are adjusted with spring shock absorbers. This significantly reduces loads applied to the tool as it moves over rough terrain or when the tractor pitches and rocks.
5. The new generation bearing assemblies from BDT- AGRO are easier to maintain and much more reliable than the “conventional” design.
6. An optional new generation, maintenance-free cutter can be installed to the standard harrows mounts. In practice, one maintenance-free cutter can treat up to 70 hectares with no user intervention.
7. A common disadvantage of all disk harrows is that the outermost disk in the last row leaves an open, deep furrow. The outmost last row disk holder on the tools from BDT- AGRO is 40 mm shorter than other holders. As a result, the outmost last row disk is positioned 40 mm higher than the other disks. This makes a shallow furrow but still undercuts, grinds and throws enough soil to cover the furrows left by the front row and other rear row disks. The press wheel finishes leveling the field. The patented design of LLC BDT-AGRO tools improves land treatment quality.
8. LLC BDT- AGRO provides a 12-months warranty for the frame, the straight holder, the chassis and the drawbar (the warranty does not cover the bearings and wear parts).
BDM-series four-row MODERNIZED DISC HARROWS (depth of tillage up to 17 cm)
|Disc harrow description||Modular aggregation||Operating/ tractor width, m||Tractor power, hp||Tractor class||Quantity of disks|
|BDM Disk Harrows 2,4х4||trailed||2,4\2,6||90-100||2||20|
|BDM Disk Harrows 2,4х4||trailed||2,8\3,0||100-130||2||24|
|*BDM Disk Harrows 2,8х4N||Mounted||2,8\3,0||110-130||2||24|
|BDM Disk Harrows 3х4||trailed||3,3\3,5||130-150||3||28|
|*BDM Disk Harrows 3х4N||mounted||3,3\3,5||130-150||3||28|
|BDM Disk Harrows 3,6х4||trailed||3,6\3,8||150-180||3||32|
|BDM Disk Harrows 4х4||trailed||4,2\4,4||180-200||3-4||36|
|*BDM Disk Harrows 4х4N||mounted||4,2\4,4||180-200||4||36|
|BDM Disk Harrows 5х4||trailed||5,1\5,3||220-240||4-5||44|
|*BDM Disk Harrows 5х4S||trailed foldable||5,1\3,0||220-240||4-5||44|
|*BDM Disk Harrows 5,6х4S||trailed foldable||5,6\4,1||230-250||4-5||48|
|BDM Disk Harrows 6х4||trailed||6,0\6,3||250-270||5||52|
|*BDM Disc Harrows 6,5х4S||trailed foldable||6,5\4,1||260-300||5||56|
|*BDM Disc Harrows 7х4S||trailed foldable||7,4\4,1||310-340||5-6||64|
|*BDM Disc Harrows 8х4S||trailed foldable||8,4\4,1||360-400||6||72|
|*BDM Disc Harrows 9х4S||trailed foldable||9,2\4,1||400-450||6||80|
|* The depth adjuster is standard equipment. It is optional for other models.|